STEP - MERIT BASED SAFETY RECOGNITION FOR THE MERIT SHOP!
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond or Platinum, or submitting via the paper application), and your responses are strictly confidential.
SAVE TIME--APPLY FOR STEP ONLINE!
Get instantaneous results using the new, easier to use application--now you can save your application and come back later to complete!
Click here to begin your 2019 STEP journey!
SAFETY IS A CORE VALUE - WITH STEP, YOU CAN BUILD UPON IT
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates lagging indicator safety performance data with leading indicator use and self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Gateway to Accredited Quality Contractor recognition and OSHA SHARP
- STEP Diamond and Platinum recipients eligible for ABC National Safety Excellence Award and Construction Users Roundtable (CURT) - CISE award
- 2018 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in all lagging indicator performance metrics, leading to participant benefits in the pre-bid/bid process and when negotiating insurance rates.