It CAN Happen Here – Preparing for the Unthinkable: Workplace Violence and Active Shooter Events
Changes in society have increased the responsibilities placed on employers to keep their workforce safe. OSHA’s General Duty Clause imposes a broad directive that now includes workplace violence and even active shooter events.
How can employers prepare? When violence invades your workforce, are there tools available to diffuse the situation? Can employees protect themselves?
Join the professionals at SafetyMetix LLC for this all-important seminar. Get prepared. Get the knowledge you need to minimize the impact of workplace violence and active shooter situations at your workplace.
In this seminar you will learn:
- Why OSHA is concerned about WPV situations
- Overcoming the “it can’t happen here” mentality
- What workplace violence is, and the four categories to be prepared for.
- The risk factors for potential violence.
- Ways to prevent violence at your workplace
- How to debrief the affected parties should a workplace violence event occur
- How to prepare an effective violence prevention policy
- How to handle angry people: Clients, Consumers, Employees
- Identifying and correcting cultural vulnerabilities that could put employers at high risk for incidents.
- Actions when confronted with an active shooter
- Actions when confronted with law enforcement responders
- How active shooter situations relate to workplace violence and the general duty clause
- Preparing employees for potential active shooter situations
Seminar similates real-life situations designed to train employees on how to respond in the event of a violent attack.
Class Fee: $255 ABC Members: $225
Who should attend:
- Business Owners
- Business Managers
- Business Supervisors
- Human Resource Personnel
- Facilities Managers
- Safety Personnel
- Risk Management Staff
- and anyone interested in controlling workplace violence
Date And Time
Instructors: Stephen Fowler, Elias Campbell, Lynda Winter
Associated Builders and Contractors
2201 Northeast Columbia Boulevard
Portland, OR 97211
Contact the organizer to request a refund.
Eventbrite's fee is nonrefundable.